Lithuanian Rural Network
We are grateful to the Lithuanian Rural Network for supporting the Conference “Sustainable Bioeconomy Development 2021: Adaptation to climate change”.
As Lithuania isn‘t a big country (area 65300 km2, population 2,8 mln.) – Lithuanian Rural Network have got one Rural Development Programme (RDP) and one National Rural Network (NRN) as well.
NRN has a formal membership and consists of 364 members (as of December 2020). Only public legal bodies can become members of our NRN.
Activities of our NRN are managed by the NRN Support Unit (NSU). Functions of the NSU are being implemented by 2-3 persons who work at the Ministry of Agriculture (Managing Authority (MA)). In that way, there is almost no hierarchy or gap between MA and NSU because these functions are being done by the same persons.
There are several main activities which are implemented in the Lithuanian NRN:
- Members of our NRN are constantly being informed about the news of rural development policy and other relevant thematic issues. It is mainly done through our website (in Lithuanian language)and monthly newsletters. You are encouraged to watch our newsletters because they are easily translatable into any language.
- Usually Lithuanian NRN organise nearly 100 events per year for all types of rural policy stakeholders to ensure their inclusion into policy development process.
- We have published 4 books already. One of them is in English about good RDP examples.
It is very important to emphasize that in Lithuanian NRN we have mixed model of activities implementation. Part of activities are being implemented by the NSU and part of them by the NRN members. Since 2019 NRN members have possibilities to implement their own communication projects in two categories:
- Thematic events (conferences, seminars, round table discussions)
- Open farm events
- Competitions of good RDP examples
- Participation in exhibitions
- Professional communication in social networks (Facebook, Instagram, interactive maps)
- Virtual 3D tours of good RDP examples
- Audiovisual production (creative videos, interviews, thematic shows, virtual reality (VR) material)
More information about Lithuanian Rural Network: